Sunday, October 19, 2014


This is gonna sound crazy...

But cauliflower makes the best cheese sauce.  Really, it's true.  Cauliflower is the latest trend vegetable, it does ANYTHING.  It turns into pizza crust, rice, and now...cheese sauce.

I was given a challenge in my Just A Mommy With MS group to post healthy macaroni and cheese. (I do a Healthy Recipe Friday there) and it took me a week or two to figure this one out.  I had seen an alfredo recipe using steamed cauliflower so I decided to try it out with macaroni and cheese!  I'm so happy to say I was successful, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Cauliflower Mac N Cheese

1 cup cauliflower steamed in chicken broth
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup cottage cheese
Milk
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Once the cauliflower is steamed, add it to the blender with a bit of the cooking liquid.  Add cottage cheese, cheddar and a splash of milk with some pepper and a pinch of salt.  Blend until smooth and pour over your favorite pasta (I used whole grain penne).

Tip: You can omit the shredded cheddar, add some Parmesan and a bit of garlic if you'd like.  Alfredo!!

(21 Day Fixers- This serves 2 yellow containers of pasta.  Total-1 green, 2 yellow, 1 red)


No comments:

Post a Comment