Thursday, October 23, 2014



More Stuff.

Get it?  I stuffed some more stuff.  Are you surprised by now?

This was my first attempt at stuffing a pork tenderloin!  I'd never tried it before, honestly because it made me nervous!  But I'm so happy I did it, and I'm even more happy I was moderately successful.
If you're not comfortable handling molesting raw meat, you can ask your butcher to butterfly it for you! Then you stuff it, roll it up and you're done.  If you want to try it like I did, this is the tutorial I used for the method.  I did not, however, wrap it in caul fat.  I didn't even watch that part because it sounded too tempting.

I also decided to stuff this bad boy with Mediterranean flair.  Truthfully, I had a bit of leftover goat cheese to use up and I knew it would taste awesome with the pork and the rest of the flavors.  I also did not use twine to bind it, which left it open to fall apart.  I was lucky it didn't, so I'll definitely be working with the twine next time.

Not the easiest recipe, but not the hardest either!  Enjoy!


Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

1 pork tenderloin
2 cups spinach
1 half red onion, sliced thin
4 oz soft goat cheese
2 tomatoes, sliced and seeds removed

Spread goat cheese on the pork loin, then the tomato, red onion and spinach.  Roll the loin up around the ingredients until it is tightly wrapped.  Then tie with twine or wrap tightly in tin foil or saran wrap and refrigerate for an hour (at least).

Heat a pan to medium high heat with 2 tsps olive oil.  Unwrap your pork loin and sear each side until browned.  If your loin is twined, add to a baking dish.  It it isn't, place in tin foil and wrap tightly.  Please in the oven at 375 for 45 minutes (this was a small loin.  Add time if your loin is bigger).

Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.  I served this with sauteed Brussels sprouts and a baked potato!

Tip-Some low sodium ham, spinach and provolone would be amazing stuffed in some pork loin.  Try it out!  (I'm going to next time for sure!)

(21 Day Fixers- I used my best judgment on this since I didn't want to destroy the pork trying to measure it.  I counted two slices as 1 red, 1 blue, 1 tsp.  The vegetables wilted down so much inside the pork, I didn't count them)

Find me on Facebook !!


No comments:

Post a Comment