Monday, October 13, 2014


Does Master Chef make anyone else hungry?

This recipe was from the Monday's I spend with my husband watching Master Chef.  I watch a lot of cooking shows (obviously something I'm into) but this is the only one he'll watch with me.  The only problem is when we'd watch it and get hungry!  And as I'm trying to lose weight and get healthy...chips and ice cream aren't exactly on the menu.

I've always made these pita chips, and believe me they've been a lifesaver during this transition!  Sometimes you just need something crunchy and salty!

Pita Chips with Ranch Dip and Roasted Chick Peas

Pita Chips-

2 whole wheat pitas cut into wedges
2 tsp olive oil
Garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning
Parmesan

Heat the oven to 375.  Toss the pita wedges with some of the spices and olive oil until coated.  Lay out in one layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle some Parmesan on each one. Bake for 10 minutes or until crunchy.

Ranch Dip-

1 cup Greek Yogurt
2 tsp each garlic powder and onion powder
1 tbsp of chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped chives
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Mix all ingredients with a whisk and chill.

Roasted Chick Peas:

1 can chick peas
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, cumin
1/4 tsp paprika

Drain and rinse chick peas.  Dry thoroughly.  Mix all ingredients in a bowl until chick peas are covered.  Spread on a baking sheet and roast at 400 for 35-40 minutes (until crunchy)

Enjoy

Tip: The ranch dressing is also great with raw veggies!

(21 Day Fixers- 4 pita chips is equal to 1 yellow, 1 tsp.  Ranch Dip is red, and measure chick peas out in a yellow container and count 1 yellow, 1 tsp)

Find me on Facebook !!


No comments:

Post a Comment