Sunday, October 19, 2014


Healthy Pumpkin All The Things Part III.

This is also a lesson in my Special Sunday Brunches.  I really just like to treat myself (and my husband) from time to time!  This isn't something you're going to want to make and eat every day (or maybe you do) but it's a wonderful treat!

The catch is that the recipe includes 1 tbsp brown sugar.  I KNOW.  The Devil Sugar.  But seriously, it's 1/2 tbsp per serving on a special occasion!  Are you with me? I knew you would be, you saucy minx.

There's something about Apple and Pumpkin together though.  It's so satisfying!  They truly do belong together!

Pumpkin French Toast with Spiced Apples 
(2 servings)

2 apples (peeled, cored, and chopped)
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

4 slices of sprouted grain or whole grain bread
2 eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp pumpkin puree

In a saucepan, melt the butter then add the apples, butter, brown sugar, honey and pumpkin pie spice. Let saute together over medium heat until the apples are soft and the sauce has become reduced down and gooey.

In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin.  Dip the bread into the egg mixture and transfer to a hot non-stick pan at med-high heat.  Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side.

Stack your French toast and pour the apples on top!

Enjoy!!


Tip-  This recipe would work for just about any fruit. I bet regular french toast with spiced peaches and blueberries would be fantastic!

(21 Day Fixers- My serving was 2.5 yellow (I'm counting the .5 yellow for the sugar content), 1/2 red, 1 purple, 1/2 tsp.  You can omit the brown sugar and use a little cinnamon with Stevia if you're a stricter Fixer then I ;) )

Find me on Facebook !!


No comments:

Post a Comment