Thursday, October 9, 2014

Healthy Pumpkin All The Things!!


Fall is here, and Halloween is right around the corner!  I love Halloween, and Thanksgiving...especially Thanksgiving.  Enjoying the pumpkin madness has been a little bit difficult for me, mostly because of my relocation to South Florida from Pennsylvania.  It's hard to feel that Autumn joy in a tank top and flip flops.  But, I live near the beach so I can't really complain! 

Since beginning my healthy lifestyle I really like to keep healthy snacks in the house, especially for when my sweet tooth hits! These have been a wonder, for soothing the sweet tooth and for giving me a little taste of Fall! I hope you like them as much as I do! 

Healthy Pumpkin Cookies

2 tbsp+ 1 tsp almond butter
1 cup pure pumpkin puree 
1 tsp pure vanilla extract 
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice 
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips 
1/4 cup chopped pecans 
1 cup rolled or quick cooking steel cut oats 

Preheat oven to 350.  Place parchment, wax or tin foil on a cookie sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray. 

In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, almond butter and vanilla.  Beat until smooth.  Add chips, pecans and oats and mix until combined.  Spoon by tablespoon full onto cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!  

(21 Day Fixers- Two cookies equals one yellow treat replacement) 

Tip:  Sprinkle a little pumpkin pie spice into your coffee filter in the morning with your coffee grinds before brewing.  Automatic pumpkin spice coffee! 











No comments:

Post a Comment