Monday, October 13, 2014


Can I say something crazy?

Cauliflower makes the best cheese sauce.  I know, it's bizarre.  Cauliflower is becoming one of the new trendy vegetables; it does anything we want it to!  It can become a pizza crust, rice and now a creamy, delicious cheese sauce.

I was given a challenge in my Just A Mommy With MS group on Facebook to come up with a healthy alternative to macaroni and cheese.  (I do Healthy Recipe Friday in that group) I had seen a recipe with steamed cauliflower to make Alfredo sauce, so I thought I could try to turn that over into a cheese sauce.  And I'm so glad I did, it really makes a creamy and rich sauce.  You'd never believe it's mostly veggies! (Great way to sneak it to your kids!)

I hope you like it as much as I do!


Cauliflower Mac N Cheese-

1 cup cauliflower steamed in a bit of chicken broth
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup cottage cheese
Milk
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Once the cauliflower is nice and tender, transfer to a blender with some of the cooking liquid.  Add the cheddar, cottage cheese, salt and pepper and a splash of the milk.  Blend until smooth (if it's too thick for you add a little more milk).  Pour over your favorite pasta and enjoy!

Tip- Omit the cheddar and add some parmesan and a little garlic if you'd like.  Alfredo!

(21 Day Fixers-  This is enough for two servings of pasta so it counts as 1 green, 1 red, 1 blue, 2 yellow)

Find me on Facebook !!


No comments:

Post a Comment