Tuesday, October 28, 2014


Something for the Sweet Tooth!

My tooth is more of a salty one.  I could eat Doritos, chips, pretzels, popcorn, all day.  And french fries.  Especially french fries.

When I do get a sugar craving I have a few recipes in my arsenal to avoid going to the store and grabbing a candy bar.  Besides my Healthy Pumpkin Cookies,  there's also this awesome Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie recipe!

But last night I was dying for a cannoli!  There are a ton of recipes going around for Greek Yogurt cookie dip but I find those too sour from the yogurt.  I started making it with Ricotta instead, and last night I came up with this little gem!  It was AMAZING.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Cannoli Dip with Cinnamon Chips
Serves 2

1 whole wheat pita cut into chips
Coconut oil spray
Cinnamon

2 tsp dark chocolate chips
2 tsp honey
3/4 cup (1 red) ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp cocoa powder

Heat the oven to 375.  Spray the pitas with coconut oil and then sprinkle cinnamon. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until crisp.  Keep an eye on them, you don't want them to burn!

While they're cooking, mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl until fully combined.

When the chips are cool, eat with the dip!  YUM!!

Tip- Add a little melted peanut butter in there for something extra!

(21 Day Fixers- I split this with my husband so it came out to 1 yellow, 1 yellow treat replacement, 1 red)

Find me on Facebook!!


No comments:

Post a Comment