Monday, October 13, 2014


Soulmates.

I don't actually believe in soul mates, as far as relationships go.  I think I married the right person and everything, I just don't believe in mating souls.  Sounds gross.

I do believe in soul mates in terms of everything else.  I believe in finding your soul mate workout, junk food, alcoholic beverage, etc.  I'm bringing all of this up because this recipe is my soul mate marinade.  I have used this marinade on chicken, fish, pork, turkey, everything.  I have yet to find something that this marinade doesn't compliment.

It's tangy, sweet, acidic, salty, creamy....IT. IS. EVERYTHING.

Love it. Hope you do too.

Balsamic Dijon Roasted Chicken

2 chicken breasts
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tsp dry italian herbs (or fresh thyme)
1 tiny squeeze honey
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Combine balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, herbs and honey in a bowl with a lid or tupperware container.  Whisk together and drizzle in the olive oil.  Place chicken in the marinade and mix up to coat.  Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for as long as you can.

Place chicken in a baking dish and pour marinade on top.  Bake for 30-40 minutes at 375.

Enjoy!

Tip: Enjoy this chicken with Parsnip Mash and some sauteed greens.  You don't even know.

(21 Day Fixers-  1 piece of chicken counts as 2 red, 2 tsp)

Find me on Facebook !!



No comments:

Post a Comment