Saturday, October 11, 2014

Dying for Chinese Food...

This recipe was born from my desire for Chinese food one night.  I just wanted a big bowl of greasy chicken and broccoli and fried rice and a crunchy egg roll!  I couldn't do that obviously, and I had two pieces of fish so I sort of threw this together on the fly. That happens pretty often that when you just throw things together they become the best meals you've ever had.  This was one of those times!

Enjoy! 

Orange Garlic Glazed Fish 

Ingredients:

Two 6 oz pieces of mahi mahi 
Juice of half an orange 
2 tbsp low sodium soy
2 tbsp water
2 tsp hot sauce
2 tsp honey
2 tsp fresh garlic
2 tsp olive oil 


Marinate the fish for an hour (I made it up as I went along so I marinated it for 5 minutes, it was still excellent) 
Heat a nonstick skillet to med-high heat with two teaspoons olive oil
Place the fish in the pan and let brown for a few minutes Flip the fish in the pan and add the marinade. Lower the heat and let it bubble and reduce down for 5 minutes while cooking the fish, spooning the glaze over the fish from time to time. 

I served this over quinoa with a side of broccoli sauteed with garlic!  It was SO good and really satisfied my craving.  

Tip: This would also work for chicken, cut into cubes and cook the same way- Orange Chicken! 

(21 Day Fixers- The dish in total was 1.5 red, 2 yellow, 1 green, 2 teaspoons) 


No comments:

Post a Comment