Friday, October 24, 2014


I always hated when Rachael Ray used to say "Sammy" instead of Sandwich. It really used to drive me crazy.

I guess things always change with age, and now I think it's adorable!  Anyway, I really can't think of anything better on a cool fall (or balmy Florida) day.  When you think of these sandwiches they're toasted in butter, with tons of melty gooey cheese.  As they should be, who doesn't want that?

Luckily, these items in moderation came out to be just as delicious and satisfying.A little low sodium ham and turkey, and a tiny bit of butter or cooking spray gets the job done just as well!   And they were perfectly paired with my Roasted Leek and Potato Soup  but would obviously be just as good with some yummy Chicken Noodle or Roasted Tomato Soup.  Yum, I really need to branch out on my soup recipes.

Enjoy!

Toasted Ham and Cheese Sammy

2 slices Ezekiel or whole grain bread
2 slices low sodium ham
2 slices low sodium turkey
1/4 cup (1 blue) shredded mozzarella or cheddar
Dijon mustard

Start by heating a non-stick skillet to medium heat.  Add the butter or spray to the pan, and place the bread in the pan.  Sprinkle half the cheese on top of one slice and then add the other half to the other slice.  Allow the bread to brown, and the cheese to melt.  Remove from the pan and place on a baking sheet.  Place the turkey on one slice and the ham on the other.  Place in the oven under the broiler for about 2 minutes or until the bread is browned on top.  Remove from the oven, drizzle some dijon in there and put the sandwich together!

Enjoy!!

Tip- Sauerkraut.  Am I right?

(21 Day Fixers- This sandwich counts as 2 yellow, 1 red, 1 blue, 1 tsp)

Find me on Facebook !!




No comments:

Post a Comment