Monday, October 20, 2014


I could eat my weight in French Fries.  And yours.

My husband told me this dinner was better then 5 Guys.  I kid you not!  (He may have been lying...but I choose to believe him).

This meal actually reminded me of the days at my Mom's house when I was hungover and needed comfort food but I was too hungover to actually go out and get it.  So I'd make a veggie burger or something and some oven fries.  And I was cured!

A lot of people think ground turkey is boring, but it's only as boring as you make it!  I prefer it over ground beef for sure, it's so versatile and SO much better for you.  The addition of ricotta cheese adds the moisture you need and the Dijon adds a little bit of background flavor.  You will be addicted! My husband had his on a whole grain bagel, I didn't even need the bun (And I love buns.  I'm not going to say that I don't mean butts cause I love those too.)

Good For Your Thighs Burger N Fries

Turkey Burgers-

1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
1 tbsp ricotta cheese
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/8 cup (1/2 blue container) Feta Cheese
1/4 of a small avocado, sliced

Heat a large pan to medium high heat.  Spray a pan with coconut oil spray (or whatever you have). Mix the turkey with ricotta and Dijon until combined.  Form into 4 patties.  When the pan is hot, add the burger to the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side.  Add feta to the top and a little water to the pan to steam.  Slice avocado and place on top when you're ready to serve and enjoy!

Fries-

3 small potatoes, sliced into fries and soaked in cold water
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
Sprinkle sea salt and pepper

Remove the potatoes from the cold water and dry thoroughly. Add to a bowl with spices and olive oil.  Toss to coat.  Lay in one layer on a parchment or tin foil lined cookie sheet that has been lightly sprayed with Pam or coconut oil.  Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, flip fries over.  Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until browned.  You can broil for a few minutes at the end if you like them a little more brown.

I served these magical foods with some green beans sauteed with garlic and onions.

I hope you enjoy as much as I do!!

Tip-Some bleu cheese and bacon would be killer on this!! (Not as healthy though...but amazing.)

(21 Day Fixers- I measured my burger out equal 2 red, 1 blue and the Fries are 1 yellow and 1 tsp. )

Find me on Facebook!!





No comments:

Post a Comment