Saturday, May 16, 2015

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cake





It's not really a big secret that I don't come up with a lot of dessert recipes. 

Don't get me wrong, sweets are my life but I don't usually have a knack for how things work, because baking is more scientific then cooking.  Baking powder, baking soda, flour, etc.  There need to be precise measurements and ain't nobody got time for that.  I'll slap some peanut butter on a piece of Ezekiel bread and add a few chocolate chips and some honey in a pinch.  Or I'll refer to Skinnytaste because that lady is a freakin' genius.  (See: Black Bean Brownies). 

This cake just sort of got thrown together on an evening that I was truly in the mood for chocolate chips and oats (seriously...that happened.) 

I hope you'll check it out, you won't be sorry! 


Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cake 

1/2 banana-mashed 
2 tsp peanut butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
3 tsp honey
2 tbsp almond milk 

1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp whole wheat flour 
1/4 tsp baking powder 
1/4-1/2 cup of oats (I used gluten free rolled oats, about 1/2 cup).

Preheat the oven to 350.  In a large bowl, mash the banana and beat together with the wet ingredients.

In a separate bowl, add 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp whole wheat flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4-1/2 cup oats. Mix together and add to wet ingredients, beat to combine.

Stir in 2 tsp dark chocolate chips, unsweetened coconut, pecans.

Pour into a small ramekin sprayed with coconut oil and bake 350 for 30 minutes. 

Serve hot, room temperature, or cold! Trust me, it's delicious any way! Enjoy!

(21 Day Fixers- I ate half and counted 1 yellow, 1 yellow treat, 1/2 purple, 1 blue, 1 orange, 1 tsp.) 

Tip- Use what you like! Leave out the chocolate chips and use dried fruit, nuts, Go nuts! 

Follow me on Facebook for recipes, motivation and comic relief! 


No comments:

Post a Comment