Sunday, March 1, 2015

Dijon Garlic Roasted Potatoes


Side dish, anyone?

I LOVE POTATOES.  I don't think I'm alone in that, either.  When you're having a delicious and warm meal, potatoes always round everything out beautifully.

I've made many different kinds of potatoes, and I've made them all in very different ways.  This recipe was a first in many ways for me, the first time I've mixed sweet potatoes with regular potatoes (I just didn't have enough of each alone so I mixed.  Not a very exciting reason).  The other is my use of the herb tarragon.  Because of it's pungent, licorice aroma it's one of the herbs I've used fairly infrequently in my life of cooking.

I was so, so wrong.

I served these delicious, crispy, garlicky little bites with a hearty Spiced Pork Tenderloin* and simple steamed green beans.



Dijon Garlic Roasted Potatoes:

Ingredients:

3 medium russet potatoes, cleaned and rinsed
3 medium sweet potatoes, cleaned and rinsed
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1-2 tbsp fresh chopped tarragon
2 tsp olive oil
Sea salt and ground pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400.

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.  Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl.  Add garlic, herbs, mustard and olive oil.  Toss to coat.

Lay in a single layer on your baking sheet.   Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.

*Spiced Pork Tenderloin 

2 tsp each of the following:

Chili powder, cumin, mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder
Pork tenderloin

Clean and try tenderloin.  Rub with spices.  Heat a pan to medium heat and sear to brown on all sides.  Once browned, transfer and add to the oven with potatoes at 400 for about 30 minutes.  You can put 1/2 cup chicken broth in with it to keep it moist.




Please enjoy!

Follow me on Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment