Monday, January 5, 2015

Spiced Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple Black Bean Salsa



I love salsa. 

It's got great, fresh and bold flavors using the simplest ingredients.  This recipe includes fresh pineapple, black beans, some lime juice and other veggies.  It's so versatile too, I served it with this amazingly flavorful spiced fish but it would work so many other ways.  Steak, chicken, pork...some tortilla chips, your left shoe...

It's actually a super easy recipe, I served with some bitter greens just to offset the flavors but you'd be fine with just about anything. 

Start by marinating your fish or chicken.  I took the mahi-mahi and seasoned with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and lime juice.  Rubbed it in really well and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Then I heated up a pan with about 1-2 tsp olive oil and seared on both sides until cooked through. 

Here's the recipe for the salsa- I hope you enjoy it! 

Black Bean and Pineapple Salsa
2 plum tomatoes, seeds removed and
chopped

2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 small red onion, minced
1/2 can low sodium black beans, washed and drained
1 cup diced pineapple
Juice of one lime
1 tsp olive oil
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped (I HATE cilantro, but use it if you like it!)
Sea salt and pepper to taste (optional)

Mix ingredients together, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. 


That's it!  I laid out the salsa, and placed the fish on top and went to town! 

Tip- Try with some really good quality salmon, grill it with just a little bit of lime or lemon juice.  Simple, clean and delicious. 

(21 Day Fixers- I counted one purple container of the salsa as one half yellow and one half purple. That's my best estimate! )

Find me on Facebook!












No comments:

Post a Comment